Under general supervision, conduct appraisal reviews and/or perform independent real estate evaluation reports as well as assist the Bank's lending and administrative personnel in the implementation of appraisal policy and procedure.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Perform valuation services including real estate appraisal reviews and/or real estate evaluation reports
2. Ensure that valuations are completed in accordance with regulatory requirements, Bank policy, procedures and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice requirements
3. Fully document evaluations and/or appraisal reviews in standard Bank format in describing the real estate collateral, condition, current and projected use. Describe the source(s) of information used in the analysis, the analysis and supporting information, and provide an estimate of the real estate’s market value, with any limiting conditions
4. When applicable, coordinate with vendors for any necessary corrections on valuations prepared for the Bank
5. When applicable, conduct on-site visits to inspect and perform in-depth analysis on more complex projects
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts to keep current on market trends
7. Meet or exceed all key performance indicators including quality, turn time and production to ensure departmental and Bank success
8. Act as liaison between the vendor, lending staff, management and others to ensure that independence is maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements
9. Assist with the management of the Approved Vendor Panel which may include vendor coaching or other valuation services
10. Mentor and train Real Estate Valuation Specialists I and II as needed
11. May be asked to participate in special projects as needed
12. May be asked to perform the workflow management and peer review responsibilities of the Commercial RE Valuations Manager
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in a business or real estate-related field or equivalent education and related training
Minimum six years of experience in real estate valuations with a focus on the most complex commercial and/or residential properties with at least three years of experience in actual report preparation
Holds an active State Certified-General Real Estate Appraiser license in a state within the Bank’s footprint and must be current on continuing education and licensing requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet critical deadlines
Excellent analytical skills
Ability to accurately interpret complex state and federal regulatory requirements applicable to the appraisal industry
Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products